Google

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Goodfellas (made in 1990 - first viewed by me in 2005, fifteen years later)

Finally saw Goodfellas at 4AM last nite - my friend's on demand service rocks. Not sure why the movie's called Goodfellas - seemed like it should've been called 'wiseguys' or 'shadydealers' or something like that. It's an awesome movie, and a must see gangster film. I don't have much to say about it other than the fact that there are some pretty grotesquely violent scenes and I was surprised that robert dinero played such a low key character in the movie.

Final Tap - Lorraine Bracco (ray liota's wife, Karen, in the movie) and Michael Imperioli (very brief role...) grow up in real life to have large roles in one of my favorite HBO series, the Sopranos. Lastly, throughout the film I couldn't help but smirk every time the dialogue reminded me of the Goodfeathers sketch from the Animaniacs (viz. joe pesci asks, "what do you mean I'm funny?")

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home