Google

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Wamu & Karma; Slant Rhyme or Bad Coincidence?

I just wanted to get something out here after the Wamu failure. I was near-sightedly invested in Wamu and my shares were wiped out, which made me very very very sad. Thursday night the FDIC takeover and JP Morgan sale were announced and my stomach twisted up and plummeted down an abyss. Ok, dramatics are over now. The next day I made a couple deposits at my local wamu and it was business as usual. On my way back to San Francisco, I had forgotten my wallet and needed toll fare so I stopped at another unfamiliar wamu and haggled with the teller jovially, to please give me $100 despite not having any identification, she asked me several security questions and after making several notes on my account relented and gave me the money, which I primarily needed to pay the $4 toll (but I figured why not take out 100 while i'm at it). I'm glad everything has worked out seamlessly for depositors despite my being wiped out as a shareholder. I also wanted to say that there was a Sikh private bank security guard sitting at the entrance of the East Bay wamu I visited without ID and when I walked in to fill out my deposit slip I noticed he was fervently, to himself, reciting and singing in a low tone a constant religious hymn. Woohoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home