Google

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

I am Better than you (Library Interlude C)

Becuase you like radiohead and while they may have a great following and a critically acclaimed music career, they were so inspired by the Talking Heads that they took the name Radiohead from a Talking Heads song. And I am a huge fan of the Talking Heads. Which simply indicates that I'm "emo-reveried"(registered word) by their music the way one should be by George Harrison, Prince, Aimee Mann, or the Beastie Boys.

People are always asking me for proof for all the wild tales I tell. I tell them that I'm almost always right, when in reality I'm about 85% right. Of course, people who know me really well think I'm only 50% right, some of the time.

David Byrne also has Asperger's Syndrome. Listen to quite possibly the best love of the last 25 years (if not more). If you don't listen to lyrics when you listen to pop music you're not listening to anything. I'm tired of zombie listeners.

Here's your proof from the Wikipedia (aka "the Gospel of Truth") article on Talking Heads:

Influence

Talking Heads' body of work has been extremely influential, with bands as wide-ranging as Radiohead (named after a Talking Heads song), Phish (covering the songs "Cities" and "Crosseyed and Painless" at numerous shows, as well as the entire album Remain in Light at a 1996 Halloween show), and Red Hot Chili Peppers acknowledging them among their roots. Living Color covered "Memories Can't Wait". Both The String Cheese Incident and The Arcade Fire have regularly covered the song "Naive Melody", while the band Widespread PanicTrue Stories performs cover versions of "Life During Wartime" and "Papa Legba" (from the album).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Talking Heads collaborated with Brian Eno, who is my favorite artist.

9/02/2006 12:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cant seem to face up to the facts. I'm tense and nervous, and I can't relax. I can't sleep cause my bed's on fire.

Don't touch me; I'm a real live wire.

9/02/2006 05:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home