Google

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Nov 5 Obama makes every Headline, Case Closed.

I just wanted to tie up the factual, but satirical newspaper-hunting essay from a couple weeks ago. In short, several days after the election I found a single Nov 5 SF Chronicle in a random liquor store in the Richmond district. I was somewhat tipsy and it was quite late so my mind wouldn't allow me to purchase it. I may have been totally incredulous at the time as well. Fear not, there is a happy ending. At 3x the original cost, I purchased 5 copies of the Nov 5 SF Chronicle edition from their website. I received the copies yesterday straight to my house with 5 "special edition" inserts (whatever that means). Last but not least, out of all the comments I received from the previous article, this story is the best: my friend in LA purchased 300 copies of the LA Times very early in the morning on the 5th, 2 weeks later he'd sold all the copies at a marked up price (anywhere from 2x-20x his original cost) not a bad profit! That's definitely a "hustle", if I've ever seen one.

PROMO: This week I'm starting my backpacking trip through Asia. Please visit gurublogstheworld.blogspot.com to keep abreast of my experiences.

God Speed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home